Wednesday, July 16, 2014

True Friend


Lord, right now I am beyond frustrated with people.  Oh how I want to throw my hands up, shut everyone out, and be done with them.  It is REALLY interesting to sit back, and to have stopped with Overflo back in March, and I can count on ONE hand how many times I have been invited to something.  Really?!  Yes, I LOVE to put events together, I LOVE to host, I love it!  LOVE!  But, it shows who true, real friends are…because those that are true friends would invite me to join them.  It hurts.  Really?  Am I just used as a gathering place, used as an organizer to put these things together, and a common place to meet with other people?  And when I don’t put it together, am I not worth of inviting?  I don’t want sympathy invites either.  I just want it reciprocated!  Ugh, why?!  And on the flip, cause YOU O, LORD, have the last say every time, whether I agree or not…would be to stop wallowing in this misfortune of other peoples lack of awareness, and rejoice in the fact I am able to use the home the Lord gave me, the gift of hospitality the Lord gave me, the gift of organization the Lord gave me, to join people together, to open the door of opportunities for people to get together.  Ugh.  Yes, I get it Lord, but where’s that ‘true’ friend?  The one that is open in the joyful, happy times, and the one that is just as open when times are tough and rough.  Where is the friend that laughs AND cries with me?  Where is the friend that invites me as much as I invite them?  Oh Lord, I know You fit all of these descriptions beyond my beyond. I am grateful. My expectations should be lowered.  For only You, will NEVER let me down. You always invite me to spend time with You.  You cry when I cry, You laugh when I laugh, You listen all the time.  Lord, You are my everything.  I should be grateful, and continue being what You have asked me to be.  A true friend to others.

Thanks Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment