Monday, April 21, 2014

Today starts a new adventure.  This one might not seem super exciting to some people, but to me, it is overdue and I am excited.  This journey will be tough, with MANY challenges ahead!  I will struggle.  I will probably fail at times.  However, I WILL be victorious. 
 
The journey: Live life well! (spiritually and physically)
 
So, what this means is to first, to spend MORE time with my Savior!  Growing more in love with Him, which obedience will follow because of my love and dedication to LOVING HIM!  Second, to eat healthy, and in MODERATION.  This will be tough, because the flesh is weak, which points back to my number one, growing in love for the Lord, obeying His desire, which then I die to flesh.  Oh it is SO intertwined! And lastly, to get active again!  I MISS IT!!
 
Today is day one.  Yes, gung-ho and ready!  The encouraging quote on my daily desk encouragement is fitting:  “May the Lord give you and unwavering confidence that you CAN do ANYTHING HE calls you to do , and it WILL be blessed!”  Oh I have sensed Him calling me to do this for quite some time, but my rebellious heart has gotten in the way, and I quite frankly, haven’t wanted to obey. (how’s that for real & open?  Rebellious?  I should say so!)  But the Lord revealed to me through speaking for the Women’s Spring Fling last month, that when I set my mind to something of the Lord, I desire to do it completely and utterly for Him! And to do it well.  It showed me that ‘I can’!  So, I can get deeper into His word, I can get healthy again, I can feel better, because it is of the Lord.
 
As I have been taking a nursing class, it has also revealed to me just how the body truly works.  IT IS AMAZING!!  BUT, it has also shown me just how I have been abusing my body.  NOT okay!  So, the timing is the Lord, and I am determined to get healthy again, and BE all HE has created me to be!  I am not losing weight and getting healthy to look good, I am losing weight and getting healthy because the Lord calls us to be!   I am excited, and I know this journey will not come easy, but in the end it will be good, I will be victorious, because I am NOT alone in this journey!
 
I share this information on my blog, because I am real.  I struggle. I have sins. I need help.  I need encouragement. I desire to encourage. I desire to share the hope I have.  So, here goes this journey.  Are you ready to take it with me?  I will share the good.  I will share the bad.  But I know in the end, this will ALL be worth it.  HE is WORTH my ALL!  Of this I am certain!
 
“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him!”  James 1:12
 
Glimpse of my plan:
Monday-Friday: Healthy breakfast, eat lunch at 11, snack at 3. Dinner is a protein shake. No munching between, no eating after 7.
Saturday and Sunday: Healthy choices, moderation, CHOOSING not to eat after 8 PM.
Exercise: get as much of it as I can.  Choosing to move! (walk on lunches, workout on days I can, MAKING time for it)
That’s it. 
 
Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment